Mayweather Jr.: "Manny Pacquiao, Bob Arum, You Guys Have Been Ducking Us For Years"


Dec 14, 2014 at 8:29 AM
Posted by : Pinoy Secret Writer
Filed Under : Entertainment

Pacquiao VS Mayweather Jr. fight enthusiasts, here is the latest news. Finally, Floyd Mayweather Jr. breaks his silence. Floyd Mayweather Jr., the five-division world champion, claimed that it is Manny Pacquiao, the eight-division world champion,  who is avoiding the sought after fight, contrary to what many boxing fans believe. Watch the video of MayweatherJr.'s statement here.

It was the first time Mayweather made a statement regarding the super fight since Pacquiao called him out last month.

It may be recalled that Mayweather Jr. accused Pacquiao and his promoter, Bob Arum, of fooling the public into believing that he is dodging the fight against the Filipino boxing champion.

Mayweather Jr. said in an interview with Showtime’s Steven Farhood, “Manny Pacquiao, Bob Arum, you guys have been ducking us for years," he added "We're tired of you guys fooling the public, fooling the critics. He said that his camp already made their moves to arrange the most awaited fight, which is expected to become the most lucrative bout in recent history. 

?

“You guys didn't want to take random blood and urine testing, so that's why it didn't happen. Then I offered you $40 million, then you didn't want to make the fight happen,” said Mayweather Jr.

Mayweather Jr said he’s now willing to step into the ring with the eight division champion and mentioned May 2 as their fight date.

“You lost twice, now you coming back begging for the same money. That's not gonna happen,” he said. The undefeated American added that there is no way that the People's Champ is getting the $40 million guarantee he offered before.

Mayweather also mentioned that Pacquiao’s pay-per-view numbers have been decreasing as of late, alluding that he is the bigger draw compared to the Filipino boxer.

Boxing analyst Dan Rafael, meanwhile, said "Mayweather failed to mention that Pacquiao long ago agreed to be randomly tested. He also failed to mention that while Pacquiao's pay-per-view figures have indeed been soft in recent fights, Mayweather's have also plummeted,” he said.

“Three of the four fights that he has had so far under his six-fight contract with CBS/Showtime failed to reach even 900,000 buys.''

Watch the video of MayweatherJr.'s statement below.

 

 

Source: ABS-CBNNews.com and Showtime Boxing


Dec 14, 2014 at 8:29 AM
Posted by : Pinoy Secret Writer
Filed Under : Entertainment