Lin Yao Li was mobbed by four women as she walked down a street in Puyang, in eastern China’s Henan Province, stripped naked and beaten senselessly, as passers-by looked on passively and the police never came. Her crime: sleeping with another woman’s husband.
The 38-year-old woman was kicked in the groin and breasts as she screamed in agony. Onlookers explained that what was taking place was an “argument of the heart” and the victim didn’t deserve any help because she was an adulteress. This was only the latest in a series of similar attacks in China, in which such humiliation is found acceptable.
Jun Feng, a local man of 30, helped the woman after seeing her lying on the ground after the attackers had left. He told local TV:
"This type of thing is becoming quite normal. Angry wives and girlfriends get their revenge on their cheating men by attacking the other woman. People don’t tend to get involved because they see it as being an argument of the heart."
The woman was later taken to a hospital to be treated for cuts, severe bruises and shock after she begged for someone to call an ambulance. (Scroll down for the video.)
1. Lin Yao Li, 38, was ambushed by four women as she walked home from the shops in the city of Puyang in eastern China’s Henan Province.
2. Punching and kicking her to the ground while she writhed in agony, her attackers then ripped her clothes off.
3. The attackers continued the beating, pulling her hair and kicking her in the breasts and groin.
4. It is only the latest in a number of similar incidents in which it seems there is placid acceptance in Chinese society of such humiliation, as long as the victim is seen as deserving in having caused a man to cheat on his partner.
5. The sickening attack was allegedly carried out by the scorned wife of the man Lin is accused of sleeping with, and her three friends.
6. The incident was watched by passers-by who did not think it was their duty to help the defenseless woman.
7. Local man Jun Feng, 30, who helped the woman after spotting her lying on the ground after her attackers left told local TV: ‘This type of thing is becoming quite normal’.
8. The woman was later taken to hospital where she was being treated for cuts, severe bruising and shock after begging someone to call an ambulance.
And here is the video:
Share this story with your friends and tell us what you think about this trend in the comments below.